Fort Wayne, Ind. - For several days, our client heard scratching noises in chimney. It was obvious an animal had gotten inside. When animals get in the chimney, it is important to get them out as soon as possible. Our client knew to call American Animal Control, LLC when they heard noises behind the metal insert.
As you can see behind in the photos below, this metal-lined chimney has a squirrel down inside, but it is unable to get back out. Two different scenarios happen when animals are in chimneys. In this case, a squirrel behind the fireplace insert was unable to get back out. This squirrel would have died in there and the whole house would have smelled like dead squirrel. Dead animals in the chimney are common, and our technicians often remove them, so give us a call at 877-264-3638 for immediate assistance. The second scenario for animals in the chimney are that those animals are using it for shelter to have their young inside. Check out our animals in the chimney page for more information about getting those animals out.
Our technician was able to disassemble the fireplace from the inside enough to get the squirrel out of the chimney. In Fort Wayne, and the surrounding areas, look no further than American Animal Control when you hear animal noises in the chimney.
Follow AAC on Facebook to see what else we've removed recently!