If you are hearing animal scratching noises in the walls of your home, there is a good chance you may have a animal or pest problem that needs attention. We at American Animal Control ® LLC receive calls from customers on a daily basis that tell us they are hearing animal scratching noises in their walls. Most of the time these customer believe that some type of animal or pest has entered the home some how, but have no clue how the animal got in the walls. American Animal Control ® LLC provides professional wildlife removal services and solves these types of "animal scratching noises in the walls" problems for customers regularly.
How to determine what is causing the scratching noise in the walls.
What time of day do you here the scratching noise in the wall?
Is the scratching noise in the walls on a exterior or interior wall?
Does the scratching noise in the wall move from one wall to another wall?
Have you heard the scratching noise in more than one place or wall at the same time?
How long have you been hearing the scratching noises in the wall?
Have you ever had any other animal or pest problems in that past that required a pest exterminating service?
What time of day do you hear the animal scratching noises in the wall?
- This is very important for us to know when trying to determine the source of the scratching noises in the walls. Different animals or pests will make scratching noises at different times of day.
- Mice in walls will primarily make scratching noises in the walls at night. They will move up and down walls as they are feeding or storing food. They will all scratch at the insulation as they gather pieces for nesting material.
- Squirrels will make scratching noises in the walls mostly during the day as they are constantly going in and out storing food or feeding their young. With the exception of flying squirrels, as they are mostly nocturnal.
- Raccoons that are making scratching noises in the walls will usually be late at night or early in the morning as they go out and come in. Other than in the spring when they have their young, you may hear scratching in the walls combined with a chattering noise from baby raccoons in your walls.
- Bats also make scratching noises in the walls as they are very temperature sensitive and will often move up and down the walls until they find a comfortable temperature for roosting.
- Although birds, voles, shrews, rats, and snakes will live in walls and make various types of scratching noises, the noises are very similar to mice or squirrels and could occur at various times a day.
- Occasionally we will receive calls from customers that say they only here it in the afternoon. Many times we will find that the scratching noises in the walls are nothing more than the vinyl siding rubbing on the foam sub-siding as it expands and contracts as the sun hits the south side of the house.
Are the scratching noises in the walls in a exterior or interior wall?
When our wildlife removal service technicians are trying to figure out what kind of animal or pest you may have in your wall, it is important to us if it is an interior or exterior wall. If it is a interior wall it tells us that the animal or pest may be entering from inside the attic, inside the basement, or inside the crawlspace. If the scratching noises in the walls are in a exterior walls the animal or pest may be entering from the roof, soffit or, foundation areas.
Does the scratching noises in the walls move from one wall to another?
If the scratching noises in the walls stays in the same wall, that tells us that you are probably dealing with a animal or pest that is nesting in that area of the wall of the home. Or quite possibly you may have a animal stuck in the wall. If you here the scratching noises in the walls and its moving from one wall to another wall, you very well could have an animal that is coming and going and is establishing a multiple nest location, or may have a couple different food storage locations.
Have you heard the scratching noises in the wall in more than one wall at the same time?
If so, you surely have more than one animal or pest living in the walls of your home. This could be mice, squirrels, rats, bats, raccoons, or many other types of animals or pest. You could have a serious problem or pest infestation, and need to call us right away. 877-264-3638.
How long have you been hearing the scratching noises in the walls?
This is really important to know. If it just started, and you never heard the scratching noises before most likely a animal or pest has just got into your home and is beginning to build a nest to have its young or lay up for the winter months. If its been going on for awhile there is a very good chance you have a full time resident that may have caused serious damage to the structure, or electrical wiring. DO NOT IGNORE SCRATCHING NOISES IN THE WALLS. Many house fires have been caused by animals, rodents, or pests chewing the coating off the electrical wires.
Have you ever had to hire a Pest Exterminating Service before for a animal or pest control problem?
If so, this could be a existing problem that was never properly addressed. Many times when our licensed wildlife removal service technicians are doing home inspection for animal entry we will find the remnants of animal entry closeups that another pest exterminating company had installed to try and prevent animals or pest from entering into the home. Most pest control companies, or pest exterminators do not specialize in animal damage repair and animal entry exclusions, only provide closeups that are temporary. We at ®American Animal Control LLC are specialist in animal damage repair and exclusions. Our main focus is to solve your animal or pest problem once and for all. Its is very important when we do a home inspection, and animal damage repair, that all the possible entrance points are located and repaired to prevent future animal or pest from re-entering.
So, if you are hearing animal scratching noises in the walls, you should always call a professional immediately. This should always be taken seriously, animals and pest cause millions of dollars a year in property damage. For professional fast service call American Animal Control ® LLC at 877-264-3638.